Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Bountiful Baskets Where Have you Been All My Life!

I facilitate a local health initiative in our community and last winter one of our residents begged us to bring Bountiful Baskets Food Co-op to our community. I had never heard of Bountiful Baskets so I researched their website learned how this wonderful not-for-profit food co-op started and how it has spread across the country. I was so impressed that I visited a distribution site in Des Moines and began my journey with the organization. In May I completed my final training to be a distribution site coordinator and in August we brought Bountiful Baskets to our community.Let me tell you this has generated more excitement than any other initiative that we have engaged in so far. So if you are  

Looking for ways to eat healthier? Like Saving Money? Then you will LOVE Bountiful Baskets fresh high quality produce at warehouse prices!!!




Produce Baskets are offered every other week and are approximately ½ Fruit and ½ Vegetable!  You may choose to get conventional for a $15 contribution, or Certified Organic for $25!  There are also other offerings like bread, granola, and cases of delicious seasonal fruit! Plus Shipping costs. There is enough produce to feed a family of 4.

This past week my basket contained a dozen Granny Smith apples, Bartlett Pears, Asian Pears, red plums, 7 bananas, lemons, cabbage, broccoli, red onions, red bell peppers, chili hatch peppers, and romaine lettuce. I also ordered an add-on - a 22 lb case of fresh Utah peaches (so don't miss my How to Freeze Peach Pie Filling & Peaches in Syrup post). More than us empty nesters can eat in two weeks. Not a problem almost every week I share some of my stuff with my kids. They think I am oblivious but I know exactly why they are conveniently showing up every other Saturday evening ... huh!

Authored by +Terri Henkels 


Follow Us & Share

 photo facebook_zps9fdec939.png photo rss_zpsebb9d4b3.pngFollow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment