Friday, July 11, 2014

Almond Butter No-Bake Fudge Oatmeal Cookies


Almond Butter No-Bake Fudge oatmeal Cookie - Easy Life Meal & Party PlanningHave a depleted stock of chocolate and a big craving? Have peanut allergies? Need a quick and easy recipe? Want just a small batch of cookies? I have the cookie for you: Almond Butter No Bake Fudge Oatmeal Cookies.



Now I know everyone and their brother has a no bake fudge oatmeal cookie. However, not everyone has peanut allergies and not everyone is an empty nester. So I decided I could convert the traditional recipe to almond butter and decrease the ingredient amounts for a mini batch. 

Print Recipe

Ingredients


1/2 cup sugar

3 Tablespoons of butter
1 tablespoon cocoa
1/8 cup milk
1/8 cup almond butter (I used Jif Creamy Almond Butter)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
3/4 cup quick oatmeal

Directions


In a heavy pan, add the sugar, butter, cocoa and milk together and boil for one minute and remove from heat. 

Add vanilla and almond butter and oatmeal. Stir until well blended.
Drop by spoonfuls onto waxed paper. 
Note: The cookie mixture hardens quickly so have waxed paper ready ahead of time.
Makes 10 teaspoon size cookies.

I was pretty happy with myself since I have always wanted to taste this recipe and if the cookies taste different than those made with peanut butter ... well, I will never know. But they tasted pretty darn good to me.  


Authored by +Terri Henkels 


Follow Us & Share


 photo facebook_zps9fdec939.png photo rss_zpsebb9d4b3.pngFollow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment